Our in-house services include primary care, laboratory, x-ray, bone density, disease management, and referral coordination.
- Laboratory Information
- Hospital Admission Policy
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Diabetes Care
- Chronic Disease Care
- Osteoporosis Care
- Behavioral Health
- Our lab is open from 9:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
- No appointment is needed for lab work.
- Sign in at the front desk for all lab work. Be sure to update any insurance, address or other changes.
- The lab will be notified, and we will call you back as soon as possible.
- If you are here for fasting blood work (cholesterol/triglycerides or sugar levels), you should be fasting for about 12 hours. You may drink all the water, black coffee, or diet drinks you like.
- You may take any of your medicine except diabetes medicine and medicine that needs to be taken with food.
Concerning Hospital Admissions:
The physicians at GMA will always be available for in-hospital consultation. In addition, they will always be available for courtesy consultation. Please be assured that all patients of Guilford Medical Associates will always receive excellent care in all facets of their healthcare.
Thank you for your continued trust in our doctors at GMA.Download PDF
We have a Clinical Pharmacist Practioner certified in anticoagulation management available to monitor patients requiring chronic anticoagulation. We use point of care testing to provide on the spot monitoring and dosing or oral warfarin therapy. We are able to bridge therapy from heparin to oral warfarin when needed.
We have a Certified Diabetes Educator available for all aspects of diabetes care. Patient goals to be covered are blood glucose monitoring, foot care, medications, nutrition and activity management. We are qualified to assess appropriateness for and starting insulin pump patients. We can also help your patients with insulin starts and titration of insulin dosing. We will keep an open and consistent dialog with the patient’s physician to assure that the physician’s goals for the patient are met.
We have the ability to provide patient education and medication management for the following chronic disease states to improve patient care. Our Clincial Pharmacist Practitioners are certified by the North Carolina Center for Pharmaceutical Care, AHEC, and UNC School of Pharmacy to provide care in:
With a skilled team of professionals, we are able to perform DEXA scanning and/or result interpretation. We have trained clinical extenders who will provide patient education on bone health and help to select and initiate pharmaceutical management if needed.
Guilford Medical Associates (GMA) has the resources to support the broad needs of our patients with behavioral health related conditions within the primary care practice. GMA has integrated a LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) into our practice to enhance the care provided in our primary care setting and to improve access, clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.